Dr. Sawyer Serving with Samaritan's Purse

Dr. Sawyer Serving with Samaritan's Purse
Papua New Guinea

Sunday, August 9, 2015

20 days and counting...

In just 20 days I will be leaving for Togo.  Three airline appropriate shipping containers are filled to capacity and sticky notes and "to do" lists surround me.

Many of you have been asking if my family is going with me this time.  Anna and Amber will be starting eighth grade, and Andrew will be heading back to Westmont College.  Michael is working and Teresa will be taking Andrew back to college the same day I leave for Mango.  So, I will be traveling somewhat alone, except that I will be meeting up with an NICU nurse from Banner Good Samaritan (now called Banner University Medical Center - Phoenix), and a general surgeon volunteer and a pediatrician.  Our planes will all converge in Paris so that we can take one flight together to Togo.

As of last week over 180 people are part of my team that have helped financially so that I could purchase the necessary surgical supplies and a new ultrasound machine.  Many others are praying for me.  I am grateful to all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment